- Senior Product Designer @VMware
- Palo Alto, CA
UX + AI, Conversational UX, ML
Zhao is a trailblazer, active blogger, and international speaker for UX. She is a multi-disciplinary design leader with both consumer and enterprise product design experience.
Zhao is passionate about innovation and emerging technologies, and she actively speaks about AI + UX at design conferences and universities like UX STRAT, Shape Design, and Fudan University, etc.
To further influence the UX community, Zhao also writes articles with trending UX topics like AI design, data-driven design, enterprise user research, etc. She has published 11 articles on medium, with more than 10,000 reads.
Senior Product Designer at VMware
2018.7 – Present Palo Alto, CA
• Work on the cloud management product called Wavefront by VMware, a SaaS platform for DevOps team to monitor the applications and infrastructure.
• Lead the initiatives including AI + ML, Growth Hacking and Product Redesign.
• Drive the strategic research for DevOps, re-imaging the product with end to end UX vision and further impact the product roadmap.
Senior UX Designer at Oracle
2017.6 – 2018.7 Redwood City, CA
• Design complex enterprise applications that involve tables, forms, and visualization.
• Host design studios, conduct user testing and use data to drive design direction.
• Demonstrate an outstanding UX/PM/Eng collaboration, and work closely with team member distributed globally.
• Improve team UX processes, demo and propose new design tools, and dedicate in building great team culture.
UX Designer at Walmart Labs
2013.7 – 2017.3 San Bruno, CA
• Led design for promotion across the site, include responsive and app, to increase customer retention, engagement, and shopping frequency.
• Designed UGC contents, including Ratings & Review, Question & Answer, 3rd Party Videos, and Product Details, with a focus on the mobile experience.
• Designed a Cart & Checkout system that is flexible to accommodate 10+ fulfillments methods, 10+ payment methods and all different types of items.
Product Designer at Peerceptiv
2013.2 – 2013.5 Pittsburgh, PA
• Evaluated the current design with heuristic evaluation, contextual interviews, defined customer segmentation and user needs.
• Conduct competitive analysis on current trends of Learning Management System such as Blackboard and Edmodo.
• Delivered wireframe, Axure prototype and visual design.
Teaching Assistant at Carnegie Mellon University
2013.1 – 2013.5 Pittsburgh, PA
• Assisted teaching on 2 classes, Desktop Publishing and Multi-media Design
• Taught students to use the tool of Adobe Creative Suite such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to design web and mobile screens and marketing materials.
M.A. Arts Management at Carnegie Mellon University
2011 – 2013 Pittsburgh, PA
Extensive coursework in HCI & IXD
B.A. Art & Design at Fudan University
2007 – 2011 Shanghai, China
Specialize in graphic and multimedia design